It runs in the family, doesn’t it?
Rochas Okorocha, governor of Imo state, has appointed his sister, Ogechi Ololo (nee Okorocha), commissioner for happiness and couples’ fulfillment.
She was sworn-in alongside 27 new commissioners and 27 transition committee chairmen for the local government councils in the state.
Ololo was the 2015 candidate for the Owerri federal constituency seat from the All Progressives Congress and was one-time deputy chief of staff and special adviser on domestic matters.
Speaking at the swearing-in ceremony at the Imo International Convention Centre, Owerri, on Monday, Okorocha urged the appointees to see themselves as men and women on a rescue mission, adding that they are a part of the success story of his administration.
“You are the privileged group that has the opportunity to make names for yourselves. I want to remind all of you that this appointment is not business as usual,” he said.
“We shall not tolerate any sharp practice or corruption of any type. Neither shall we accept indolence or laziness. You have been called to duty to help us to achieve our vision in the Rescue Mission Project.
“At this moment, I charge you all to be good ambassadors of the Rescue Mission wherever you find yourselves. To the transition committee chairmen, you must ensure that ongoing projects must be completed especially the schools, chapels etc.”
The new commissioners are:
- Nnamdi Obiaraeri – information
- Ugochi Nnana-Okoro – agriculture and food security
- Gertrude Oduka – primary and secondary education
- Jones Uzoka – Niger Delta affairs
- Uchendu Mark – public utilities
- Gerald Okolie – rural development
- Cyril Okafor – tourism
- Emmanuel Ojinere – trade and investment
- Lasbery Anyanwu – transport
- Onwueyiagwu Valentine – youth development
- Ngozi Njoku – gender and social development
- Josephine Udoji – works
- Achilike Nwawuike – internal resources and pension matters
- Emenalo Chizoba – tertiary education
- Nwamerenini Chukwuka – labour
- Iyke Njoku – planning, budget and statistics.
Courtesy: THE CABLE